Business and Technology introduces the business world to students, particularly if they have not got an accounting or finance background. It looks at a business as an entity made up of people and systems, which interact with each other and their environment.
BT: An overview
Business and Technology is a gateway paper which covers many topics but on a relatively shallow level. It is important not to drill down too deeply in any given topic, so you can spread your time on individual topics evenly.
On successful completion of this exam, candidates should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and types of businesses and how they interact with key
stakeholders and the external environment.
- Understand business organisation structure, functions and the role of corporate
- Recognise the functions, systems and new technologies in accountancy and audit in
communicating, reporting and assuring financial information, including the effective
compliance, internal control and security of financial and other data.
- Recognise the principles of authority and leadership and how teams and individuals
are recruited, managed, motivated and developed.
- Understand the importance of personal effectiveness as the basis for effective team
and organisational behaviour.
- Recognise that all aspects of business and finance should be conducted in a manner
which complies with and is in the spirit of accepted professional ethics and
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 32
- Assessments Yes