MA: An overview
Management accounting (MA) aims to develop knowledge and understanding of management
accounting techniques to support management in planning, controlling and monitoring business
performance. This knowledge is then the platform to develop further in the skills and professional
exams, PM, APM and SBL.
What is MA about?
Management Accounting introduces students to elements of
management accounting used to make and support decisions in
On successful completion of this exam, candidates should be able to:
- Explain the nature, source and purpose of management information
- Explain and analyse data analysis and statistical techniques
- Explain and apply cost accounting techniques
- Prepare budgets for planning and control.
- Compare actual costs with standard costs and analyse any variances.
- Explain and apply performance measurements and monitor business performance.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes